NEW TRAVEL RULES FOR NEW ZEALAND
From 1 October 2019, some visitors and tourists must have an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before they leave for New Zealand.
- Travel to New Zealand without first applying for a visa — if you are from a visa waiver country, a cruise ship passenger or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger on the way to or from Australia.
- Pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger on the way to another country — if you are from a visa waiver or transit visa waiver country.
THINGS TO NOTE
- From 1 October 2019, if you are from a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel.
- Allow up to 72 hours for processing, but it could take as little as 10 minutes.
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $9.00 on the free app (see links below), or NZD $12.00 if completed online.
- You pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) at the same time as your NZeTA. This costs NZD $35.00.
NZeTA MOBILE PHONE APP
FOR MORE DETAILS OR TO APPLY FOR AN NZeTA GO TO; Immigration New Zealand